Compare Exponential and Power Functions
Exponential functions and power functions are compared interactively, using an applet. The properties such as domain, range, x and y intercepts, intervals of increase and decrease of the graphs of the two types of functions are compared in this activity.
The properties of exponential functions of the form
f(x)= a x
and power functions of the form
g(x)= x a
are compared interactively by changing parameter a which is the base in the exponential function and the power in the power function. a takes integer values from 2 to 9.
- Click on the button above "click here to start" and maximize the window obtained.
- Use the slider to change parameter a and compare the domains of both functions.
- Use the slider to change parameter a and compare the ranges of both functions.
- Use different values of a and explain which type of functions grows faster as x takes larger positive values.
- Change a and examine the interval(s) of increase and decrease of the types of functions. Conclude.
- Does the exponential function have an x intercept? Change a and examine the x intercept of the power function.
- Compare the y intercept of the graphs of the two types of functions.
Free Trigonometry Questions with Answers
Interactive HTML5 Math Web Apps for Mobile LearningNew !
Free Online Graph Plotter for All Devices
Home Page --
HTML5 Math Applets for Mobile Learning --
Math Formulas for Mobile Learning --
Algebra Questions -- Math Worksheets
Free Compass Math tests Practice
Free Practice for SAT, ACT Math tests
Precalculus Tutorials --
Precalculus Questions and Problems
Precalculus Applets --
Equations, Systems and Inequalities
Online Calculators --
Geometry Tutorials --
Geometry Calculators --
Calculus Tutorials --
Calculus Questions --
Applied Math --
Math Software --
High School Math --
Middle School Math --
Math Videos From Analyzemath
Updated: 2 April 2013
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 - All rights reserved